The Embroiderers’ Association of Canada, Inc./Association canadienne de broderie, Inc. offers membership to youth (9 to 21 years) and adults in Canada and internationally.
Membership in EAC/ACB commences quarterly (February, May, August or November first) upon the receipt of fees by the Membership Director. If you have any questions about membership, please reach out to our Membership Director through our contact page.
Chapters near you may provide opportunities for workshops, lectures, and exhibits. Most chapters hold meetings and stitching sessions regularly.
What does your EAC/ACB membership cover?
Membership fees cover the cost of Embroidery Canada, which includes the contract position of editor, graphic design for layout, printing, postage and mailout. Fees also cover the contract for the Technical Support Specialist who keeps our website running.
Here are some of the other things that EAC/ACB pays for:
- Marketing supplies (banners, bookmarks, postcards, etc.)
- Cost of website hosting, backups, plugin updates, etc.
- Liability insurance for the Board and Chapters
- Insurance for the Heritage Collection and library assets
- Admin expenses (postage, computer programs, supplies)
- Cost of presidents meetings (including room reimbursement)
- Virtual platforms (currently GoToMeeting and Groups.io)
- Financial Review Engagement expense
- Free library postage program
- Free postage for Connecting Threads/Roses Binders
- Free one-way postage for Heritage Collection items
- Financial awards (grants, seminar prizes, etc.)
- Education and correspondence course expenses
Adult members enjoy the following privileges:
- Embroidery Canada magazine, two issues yearly, with beautiful photographs, projects, suppliers and informative articles
- Workshops, retreats and seminars across Canada
- Project and cyber courses from basic to advanced levels
- Technique study courses from basic to advanced in a variety of embroidery styles and topics
- Exhibitions, challenges, exchanges and awards
- My EAC/Mon ACB access on the website
- eThreads monthly e-newsletter
- Extensive lending library
- Study portfolios for research and education in the needle arts
- Heritage Collection with borrowing opportunities
If you are not affiliated with a local chapter, you may join EAC/ACB as a national member. Members who are not affiliated with a chapter purchase their membership directly from EAC/ACB.
- $50 CAD annually for adults resident in Canada
- $60 CAD annually for adults resident in the United States
- $70 CAD annually for adults in the rest of the world
Youth Membership (9 to 21 Years)
Youth embroiderers receive a number of benefits including:
- Quarterly, mailed newsletter, Youth Embroiderers’ News
- Annual seminar brochure issue of Embroidery Canada
- Courses designed for youth members
- Awards for learning opportunities and events
- My EAC/Mon ACB access on the website
If you are not affiliated with a local youth chapter, you may join EAC/ACB as an individual youth member. Members who are not affiliated with a chapter purchase their membership directly from EAC/ACB.
- $20 CAD annually for youths residing in Canada
- $25 CAD annually for youths residing outside of Canada
Affiliate Membership: Institutions and groups belonging to other national or international organizations may become affiliated with EAC/ACB. All groups receive an annual subscription to Embroidery Canada. $60 CAD annually for affiliate memberships
Chapter Membership: You may join EAC/ACB through a local chapter. Chapter members pay the EAC/ACB fee plus any fees associated with their local chapter directly to their chapter.
Mail-In Application Form
Download, fill, print or print, complete by hand, and mail our fillable PDF membership application with your payment to the address listed on the form.
Forming a Chapter
With just a few stitchers you can form an EAC/ACB chapter. Some chapters run very well with fewer than 10 members and some chapters have over 50 members. For more information about chapters, please contact us.