Registration begins on September 1, 2020, by mail or online. You will need your membership number to be able to register. If you are not a current member, please complete the membership process before registering.
Other options are being considered if Seminar 2021 cannot be held physically. We encourage you to register early so that we can provide updates to you directly.
The pre-registration fee of $100 includes a $50 non-refundable deposit and must accompany your registration.
When entering your membership number, be sure to use the two capital letters, a space and six numerals format.
All cheques or money orders must be in Canadian funds and made payable to “Seminar 2021.” Online payments are accepted.
All registrations postmarked or received by November 15, 2020, will be treated equally for the preference of classes. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
Classes not having adequate registration by January 25, 2021, will be cancelled.
Registration is open to all members of EAC/ACB. If you are not already a member, simply complete the membership application and payment process online or by mail.
Registration fees are stated on the registration form and include the classes, opening reception, AGM luncheon and banquet. The registration fee for partial registrants will include the class(es), and either the opening reception and AGM luncheon or the banquet.
Class assignments will be sent electronically or mailed by February 10, 2021. Every effort will be made to place you in the class(es) of your choice.
An invoice will be sent to you with your registration confirmation showing the balance owing, including kit fees. Payment may be made by personal cheque, money order or online.
Full payment, including kit fees must be received by March 1, 2021, to guarantee your registration.
Closure of registration is March 1, 2021. After March 1, any requests for registration will be at the discretion of the seminar committee in consultation with the instructors.
Please direct comments or questions about your registration for Seminar 2021: Magical Mystery to email@example.com.
If EAC/ACB cancels a class because of low participation or any other reason, participants will be offered alternate class choices. If no alternate is chosen, a full refund will be issued. Any travel and hotel costs incurred by the registrant due to cancellation are solely the responsibility of the registrant.
Up to the final payment date, March 1, 2021, a refund will be given less the non-refundable deposit ($50).
From the final payment date to 30 days before the seminar, a refund will be given less a $250 cancellation cost upon the death of the registrant, military requirements for the registrant, or the death of an immediate family member. Immediate family is defined as spouse, child, parent, parent-in-law, grandparent, grandchild, or sibling.
29 to 0 days before the seminar, the EAC/ACB Board of Directors will review refunds based on the following:
- A full refund will be given in the event of the death of the registrant.
- A full refund will be given in the event of a member who is in the military and is unable to attend due to military requirements.
- A full refund, minus a $350 cancellation cost and kit costs will be given in the event of the death of a member of the immediate family. Kits will be mailed out.
- A full refund, minus a $350 cancellation cost and kit costs in the event of serious illness of the registrant or an immediate family member, or a natural disaster preventing the registrant’s attendance. Kits will be mailed out.
- Infants and children are not permitted in classes.
- Cell phones must be muted while in class.
- Cameras and/or recording equipment may only be used in a classroom with the instructor’s permission.
- We ask that you respect those who are scent sensitive and avoid all scents including, perfumes, fragrant soaps, shampoos and lotions.
Choosing Your Classes
- Please read the course description carefully.
- Rely on the description and level as your guide.
- Photographs are helpful, but may not be exact.
- We have tried to describe each class thoroughly.
Basic: students need guidance in reading stitch patterns or are new to the technique
Intermediate: students understand stitch patterns but may need guidance; have taken this technique or a similar one at the beginner or basic level; have a beginning understanding of colour and design
Advanced: students read charts and stitch diagrams with ease, have a good understanding of the technique; have a good understanding of colour and design that allows exploration and creativity
We are not responsible for the lack of success if a chosen course is beyond the registrant’s proficiency.