What We Have for You
The EAC/ACB offers youth members a newsletter, youth-focused courses, embroidery stitch resources and funding for a variety of embroidery related learning opportunities through the Eleanor Thomas Youth Award.
Youth members can a part of a youth chapter or an individual member.
We have five youth chapters:
- Thread Whisperers, Victoria, BC
- The Tangled Threads, Nanaimo, BC
- Oceanside Youth Stitchers, Qualicum Beach, BC
- Nifty Needlers, Moncton, NB
- Starfish Youth Stitchers, St. John’s, NL
Are you between the ages of 9 and 21 and interested in embroidery? You might be surprised to find how much creativity you can express with a needle and thread!
The annual dues are $15 for Canadians and $20 for international members. Get all of the details on our membership web page. So what does a youth member get for the yearly fee?
New Youth Members
When you first join, you will receive a new member’s kit in the mail. In this kit you’ll find:
- a welcome letter
- the most recent issue of the Youth Embroiderers’ Newsletter with some goodies
- a Needlework Notebook with your name, membership number and renewal date on the first page, and instructions for making a scissor fob, needle case and pincushion
- a kit with all the supplies for making butterflies in two different techniques
- a kit with all the supplies for making a sampler bookmark
- six skeins of embroidery floss
- a small embroidery kit donated by EAC/ACB members
- a brochure to give to a friend
- a how-to stitch booklet
All Youth Members
Four times a year the youth members receive a newsletter with goodies attached. You’ll also receive one issue of Embroidery Canada with the annual seminar brochure.
There are four courses written specifically for our youth members and the cost is only $5. You receive a kit that includes all the materials needed to complete the course. You are also eligible to take EAC/ACB courses and you may also order books from the EAC/ACB library.
The Eleanor Thomas Youth Award provides funding for purchasing embroidery-related books for you or your youth group, taking a Youth Embroiderers’ course or EAC/ACB course, attending an EAC/ACB or chapter workshop, or attending the annual, national EAC/ACB seminar. Contact the Youth Appointee for the application form and eligibility requirements.