Silk ribbon fuchsias dance over a background of 12 needlepoint stitches worked in delicate pastel tones of Gumnut Yarns Poppies (50% wool and silk). This thread is dreamy to stitch with. The features of this course are:
- Once the needlepoint is completed you have the choice of having the needlepoint horizontal or vertical before adding the fuchsias. The sample is stitched vertically.
- Parts of the canvas are left unstitched.
- Traditional needlepoint stitches have been adapted to give a light and airy background for the fuchsia flowers.
- Students are encouraged to create and stitch their own style of fuchsias with 7mm and 13mm silk ribbon.
- Videos will demonstrate how to stitch the fuchsia flowers, buds and leaves.
Size of Design Area: 12” x 4”
Ground Fabric: 18 count mono canvas, cut 16” x 8”
Thread: #5 DMC perle cotton, DMC embroidery floss, Gumnut Yarns Poppies, 7mm and 13mm silk ribbon
Skill Level: Intermediate-Advanced
Text: Approximately 22 pages and is only available electronically.
Time: 4 months; 1 lesson each month for 3 months and 1 month for extra assistance
Supplies to purchase: Approximately $20 for stretcher bars and canvas; $130 – $170 depending on your choice of fibres
Fee: 4 options, $65.00 to $170.00
- Electronic delivery of instructions (Canada, US, Intl) $65
- Partial kit (all threads), postage and electronic delivery of instructions (Canada, US, Intl) $170
- Partial kit (Gumnut Yarns and silk ribbons only), postage and electronic delivery of instructions (Canada, US, Intl) $160
- Partial kit (Gumnut Yarns only), postage and electronic delivery of instructions (Canada, US, Intl) $130